VetMeasure was founded in 2015 by Kevin Maher. Kevin continued to see wearable health monitoring devices for both people and animals; however, the ideal device for animals had not yet been created. There were gaps between the animal and the veterinarian, the animal and the owner, and the veterinarian and the owner. Kevin thought, “What if our animals could tell us more about how they feel as well as their health and well-being?” And so, VetMeasure was born with an innovative team consisting of engineers, animal scientists, animal enthusiasts, and supported by veterinary researchers to improve veterinary care and veterinary-client relations. You can read more about the team here and more about our product here.
The VetMeasure team has created a health monitoring device for animals in the form of a comfortable harness. The harness design enables the most accurate detection of an animal’s health statistics for veterinarians and owners to better optimize care and treatment options. To find out more information about our MeasureON!TM product, click here.
In 2018, $72.56 billion was spent on pets in the U.S.
Pet Industry Facts and Statistics
- $72.56 billion 2018 pet expenditures
- Pet owners spent $16.62 billion dollars on veterinary care in 2017.
- There are 89.7 million dogs in the USA.
- There are 60.2 million households with at least one dog.
- The total US Pet Industry Expenditures have been on the rise over the years.
- $69.51 billion was spent on pets in 2017
- $75.38 billion is estimated to be spent on pets in 2019
Data source: www.americanpetproducts.org