Connecting MeasureON! to Wi-Fi is a simple process, which has been broken down into a series of easy to follow steps. Before beginning, identify the harness serial number (specifically the last 3 digits), the Wi-Fi SSID (network name) and password, and ensure bluetooth on the mobile device is turned on.
1. Open the VetMeasure app and select the “Setup Harnesses” tab from the dropdown menu in the upper left corner.
2. Press and hold the harness button for 10-15 seconds, until the light starts blinking blue. This indicates the harness is in configuration mode and is sending out a bluetooth signal. Configuration mode expires after two minutes if MeasureON! has not been connected to WiFi.
3. Click “Start Scan” to ask the mobile device to search for local bluetooth signals. The harness serial number, and other bluetooth devices in the area, will appear on the list. Select the harness by clicking on the serial number.
4. A pop-up box will appear, prompting the Wi-Fi SSID and password to be typed. Please note that users will first need to delete “Unconfigured” and that these fields are case sensitive. Verified these fields are correct and click “Save.”
5. The harness light will flash green indicating it has successfully connected to Wi-Fi.
Unless MeasureON! is connected to a patient, the harness will recognize it is not currently in use and turn off. The last used Wi-Fi network information is saved, so next time the harness is turned on it will automatically connect.