What is the Veterinary-Client-Patient Relationship or VCPR?
VCPR is the relationship built between a pet owner, a veterinarian, and the patient or pet. This relationship is founded on trust between the client and the vet and is a high priority of many veterinary practices. There are five main points to the veterinary-client-patient relationship:
- The veterinarian assumes the responsibility for the animal’s health
- The client (owner) agrees to comply with the veterinarian’s instructions
- The veterinarian has sufficient knowledge of the animal(s) to make a general diagnosis
- The veterinarian assumes responsibility for follow-up care, including adverse reactions and/or treatment failures
- The veterinarian maintains patient records
How can VetMeasure help improve your VCPR?
With MeasureON! tracking all vitals, including heart rate, respiratory rate, ECG, and ambient temperature and humidity, the veterinarian can check on their patients without worry. Additionally, this tool allows veterinarians to have sufficient knowledge of the animals to make a diagnosis. Because this product can measure heart rate and respiratory rate and stream a live ECG, veterinarians can make more accurate diagnoses on their patients. MeasureON! Also this product helps ease the owners mind knowing their dog will be monitored at all times during their recovery period spent in the clinic. Lastly, MeasureON! can create patient reports to help veterinarians maintain patient records and help the client agree to the veterinarian’s instructions since they can see the report from the patients. Overall, we can improve the veterinary-client-patient relationship from almost all aspects!